Acquiring visa

How to acquire a visa to teach abroad

There are many steps involved to receive a teaching visa for Korea or China. It can be often confusing and tedious, but we are here to guide you through the process. 

1. Gathering Documents

In order to receive a teaching visa for Korea or China, you would need to acquire the following documents. After you speak to your Edustar Recruiter, he/she will email you a detailed guide on how to acquire these documents. 

2. Contract & Application Forms

Once we have an offer from your potential employer, your Edustar Recruiter will send you these additional documents for you to fill in and submit. He/She will also send sample versions you can use as references when completing the documents. 

3. Sending the documents & Visa application

We will send all the documents to your employer (school), and then they will apply for your visa sponsorship. After your school submits the application, the Immigration office will take 1-2 weeks to approve the visa sponsorship. You do not apply for the visa separately. You are simply waiting for your employer to apply and receive the sponsorship for your visa. 

4. Visiting your local Korean/Chinese Consulate

Once approved, your Edustar Recruiter will forward you a "Visa Confirmation Number", along with required documents. You will need to take them to your local Korean/Chinese Consulate to receive your visa. The visa itself is not a document, but a full page stamp on your passport, so make sure you have a valid passport with at least one free page. Depending on where you live, the process can be done on the same day, or it can take 3-7 days. The process may take longer if it is done by mail. 

Start your 

journey today

Let us be your guide for the

experience of a lifetime.