Basic requirements to teach English abroad.

You don't need a prior teaching experience or a degree in Education to become an English teacher abroad. If you meet the basic requirements below, you are eligible to apply for a teaching visa in Korea or China. 

1. Native English Speaker

You must be a native English speaker to teach in Korea or China. If you grew up in an English speaking country, but not born there, you will need to provide documentation that verifies your education was conducted in English from grade 7 through university. 

2. USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand Nationality

Korean and Chinese government will only issue visas to certain nationalities. To qualify, you will need to have citizenship and a valid passport from one of the following English speaking countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, or New Zealand. 

3. Bachelor's Degree

A bachelor’s degree (or higher) from the countries listed above is required to apply for a teaching visa. All majors are accepted.

If you haven't graduated yet, you can still apply and secure a job through us, as long as you are scheduled to graduate before your job begins. 

4. Clean Criminal Record

To qualify for teaching positions in Korea or China, you must have a clean criminal record (e.g. no charges, arrests or convictions appearing on your criminal record check).

Note: Traffic violations such as speeding or parking tickets are acceptable. Applicants with drinking and driving related charges (DUI’s, DWI’s, etc.) will not be accepted, even if the charges are misdemeanors. 

5. Good Physical & Mental Health

As a teacher you’ll be required to have good physical and mental health. Korean and Chinese government will not grant visas to anyone with a serious ailment that will affect their ability to teach. 

All teachers are required to submit a Health Questionnaire before securing their visa. Then, all teachers are required to complete a health examination at a designated medical clinic shortly after arriving in Korea or China. 

If you have any ongoing health issues please let us know during your application. You can still secure a teaching position with minor health problems, but it is important to let the schools know in advance so that they are aware of any potential problems that may affect your responsibilities as a teacher.

Start your 

journey today

Let us be your guide for the

experience of a lifetime.